Saturday, January 16, 2010

Unconditional Love

Maybe being a foster parent is not much different than being a parent of your own children, but I dont think so. The girls come from such a variety of backgrounds and a lot of times a life of rejection.
One girl was told at the age of 13 she was gay simply because she liked one of her sisters friends and has lived that out since then, believing she is gay. She was rejected by her grandparents and her mother. Found her real father last year and now they are not following through on promises the made to her.
The 13 yr old has told me that because she is 13 and a teenager she is suppose to be able to play with her friends and have fun. Which I do agree with I just want to know where she is playing and who she is playing with. It has taken a almost a yr but I think she finally understands I am not doing it to try and punish her but because I care about her. Lastly the other one is back at LAPS which mean she is brought back and forth to school each day at least I know she will pass this school year they rarely fail anyone at LAPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment